Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round.....

The wheels on the bus go round and round...
round and round....round and round....
The wheels on the bus go round and round....
AND THROUGH A HOUSE!

Holy cow! What a strange Tuesday it has been. Around 8:15 this morning I was getting Landry up and ready for school. Everything seemed normal, nothing new. I was checking to make sure Landry felt OK since he has been a little under the weather the past couple of days. But, he seemed fine....I don't think he has "something." I just think he is struggling with allergies (as are ALL of us in the Warner house.) First, we heard a firetruck. It sounded like it was really close. Then, we heard an ambulance. Then a police car. Then, another firetruck. They just kept coming and it sounded like they were stopping right in our front yard. But, I didn't think anything of it. Our street is pretty busy in the morning (especially during the school year. Lots of kids live in our neighborhood.) So, I thought there might have been a fender bender or something at the end of the street. Sad, yes....but I thought nothing of it. So, I proceeded to take Landry to school. As I returned home, I noticed they had by now closed our street. I couldn't even pull into our alley. I was forced to go around and come into the alley the "back way." All the sudden I saw helicopters and news media. Holy crap......what is going on? Come to find out, a Wylie ISD school bus plowed through our neighbors house. It was ridiculous how scary it looked. Could you imagine....you are sitting there eating your bagel and cream cheese (or breakfast of choice) when all of a sudden you are staring at a school bus. MERCY! It looked bad. So, of course I had to know what was going on. There were a million people standing around outside. Apparently, the lady driving the bus lost control when the accelerator stuck. LUCKILY, no students were hurt. There were about 13 on board at the time. Unfortunately, the bus driver did receive some cuts to her face from the flying glass, but is expected to be just fine. Look at this...........



It is 3:30 now, and there is still all kinds of chaos happening. The news channels have been on this street all day. I even hear a helicopter out there while I am typing this. I think they are getting ready for this afternoon's news stories.

On another note.....it is OFFICIALLY Fall in my book now. My birthday was yesterday, and I always consider my birthday to be in the fall, not the summer. So, to me....it has begun. I can't wait for cool weather and all the fun things that go along with Fall. I had a FABULOUS birthday. Although, I do have to say it was kind of a depressing one turning 29 and all. I know next year will be the big 3-o, so I better have fun my last year in my 20's. Usually birthdays don't make me feel any different, but this one did for some reason. Regardless, it was a fun birthday. Kyle and I got to go out on a date Sunday night. We had a blast. My parents kept the boys....THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU Memaw and Pepaw! Kyle and I went to Chuy's and had dinner and ritas. Yum....love that place. Then, we contemplated going to the movies.....but if you know me, you know I VERY easily fall asleep during movies. Come on.....I can't resist it being pitch black and freezing cold and not sleeping....are you kidding? ha! So, we went bowling instead. SO MUCH FUN! Kyle and I haven't bowled in forever. And, considering we were surrounded on all lanes by youngsters, I felt like we took that bowling alley by storm. Yep - still have my bowling skills. Kyle and I played in a league together when we were in college. It used to be so much fun. So, our date brought me back to that. What a great time! Then, Monday (Labor Day and my actual birthday) we went to my parents and had lunch. Hamburgers, beans, and all the goodies. Cake and ice cream too of course! Thanks to all for making my birthday a special day!!!!!!!!!

Well, the boys are now at Gramma's. I would love to say I have the night off.....but I have to work in about a hour. That's ok though....I enjoy doing that too. So, I better get ready. Talk to you later! Beware of any crazy school buses out there....they will get ya! :)

1 comments:

KRiSTiN said...

OMG!! That's insane and scary. Trenton was just asking me today if he could ride the bus home and I told him, "No way!" because they don't have seat belts.

Hope your birthday was AWESOME! Date nights are so fun!