Tuesday, August 11, 2009

And he's off.....

We went over to my Mom's house this morning to try and beat the heat. Still no word from the A/C people, so we are just doing our thing. Landry, Gavin, and I were all in the room playing. My Mom was getting ready for an appointment she had this afternoon. Gavin and I went into her room to tell her something, and then it happened........

Gavin took his first steps (actually first 3) straight to my Mom. I was in shock. He is only 8 months and 3 weeks. Although, I myself started walking at 8 months and 2 days, so really it should be no shocker. That and the fact that he has been CRUISING like crazy around the house. Holds on to anything he can get a hold of. But, this time the confidence was there, and he went for it. So, just to make sure we saw that correctly :) we tried again. I stood in one spot and my Mom right across from me. I let the little guy go and yep....he did it again. Another 3 steps. We pushed our luck, because on the 3rd try, he sat down and started playing. I guess he was tired of doing that trick for us. But, how exciting. My Mom and Gavin have the same birthday, so she always says they are "birthday buddies" and have a SPECIAL BOND! cute!!!!!!! Of course, I didn't have my camera with me today...but I will try to capture the greatness asap!

I can't believe my baby boy is taking steps now. He is growing up so fast. Slow down Gavin.....Momma is getting sad over here!

1 comments:

KRiSTiN said...

Oh my gosh!! How wild! Carter hasn't even attempted. He stands for a few seconds but any desire to travel is either crawling or raising his arms and grunting at mama, lol.