Sunday, August 2, 2009

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

Good afternoon! Things are quiet in the Warner house. We got back from church not too long ago, ate lunch, and now both the boys are taking a nap. It is hot outside, yet Kyle is still out there working in the yard. God bless him. And I am sitting here on a roller coaster of emotions. As some of you know, I had an interview yesterday to be a Chiropractic Assistant in Rockwall. It went great. The Doc was incredibly nice. I felt very comfortable and thought I nailed it. He called last night to tell me he was going to offer me the position.....now all I had to do was accept. The hours are perfect, the location is perfect, and it is something that I like to do. So, I am very excited about the opportunity. But, Kyle and I sat down last night to work the numbers. The amount of pay vs. amount of pay towards childcare. This is an extremely hard situation. Would it be worth it to work (and be away from the boys all day) for the amount of money I would be making? Honestly....not really. I mean sure....the profit after child care would be a LITTLE bit (and I mean LITTLE.) So, what to do....what to do? I feel like I need to help the family more financially, but at the same time.....I AM staying at the gym and she pays me an OUTSTANDING salary. The more and more Kyle and I talked, it came across to us that just staying super busy at the gym and picking up the most hours I possibly could would be the BEST solution. In a way this does make me sad. Not the gym part....I love that place. But, the opportunity at the Chiropractor. I got really excited when I had that laid before me. I felt proud that I could still land a job (and one I really wanted at that.) So, I was getting all stoked and ready to commit. But, after looking longer and harder at the numbers, we just don't feel it would be worth it. The LITTLE profit from that I would be bringing home doesn't factor in petty stuff that you usually don't think about. I am talking the gas it takes to get to work. The cloths you have to buy for work. And, if I ever had to be out a day for a sick kid, or take a kid to a doctor's appointment, I am probably going to be OUT of making money that week. So, is it really worth it? As of right now, both Kyle and I feel just staying busy at the gym would be the best. At least that way we DON'T pay any childcare expenses, and I bring home a really good "part time" check. Is it going to be hard.....of course! We could REALLY use some extra money right now. But, sometimes as a parent we have to make sacrifices (sometimes meaning more often than not.) And, our family sacrifice at this time in our life's may just have to be living with the bare minimums and on a strict budget at this time. Until the boys get old enough to go to school....both Kyle and I are now feeling like this is what God had planned in our lives and our families future! Who knows..........there might be something else out there that would work better for us. But, all I can do at this time is GIVE IT ALLLLLLL UP TO GOD, AND SEE WHAT MIRACULOUS BLESSINGS HE HAS FOR US NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your father knows what you need before you ask him. So do not worry, saying 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Today's trouble is enough for today. (Matthew 6:31-34)

Here are two videos of the boys the past couple of weeks. Landry is my little athlete. He loves to play any sport you put in front of him. Here he is hitting the golf ball. The next Tiger. And please ignore the fact that he has on nothing but underwear. Most of you know he is potty training (day 5 now with no accidents....he even went at Sunday School today.) So, we have to be "ready" the minute he says go. The video of Gavin is just a cute one of him laughing. He laughs at the silliest stuff. I love that stink'in kid!

1 comments:

sunshyneshanny said...

I know...it is a conflicting feeling....I often feel like I'm not contributing enough to our situation...but that's when Robert reminds me that the work I'm doing is priceless. As stay at home moms we are doing what's most important. No one will love and attend to your children like you will. They are only young and in need of your care for so long....that's what I tell myself daily. Better to look back in our golden years and be able to tell our boys that we did our very best to give them everything we could. You're doing great girlie...and it is comforting to hear other people are dealing with these same things as I am :) Keep up the good work!