Thursday, August 6, 2009

Ice Ice Baby!

What do ya know? It has been just way to long since something has gone wrong around here....*sarcasm* So, as we woke up this morning I mentioned to Kyle that I thought it felt a little hot in here. He said it wasn't that bad and we immediately dropped the conversation and moved on. But, of course.......by 10:00 I looked at the thermostat and it read 85 even though it was set at 68. Of course our AC is out AGAIN (3rd time in the past 6 months.) Would it be a "normal" month for the Warners if something wasn't out, or needing to be fixed, or replaced? Luckily, Susie was over here having Gramma Day with the boys. She is much better at this type of stuff than I am. So, she took a look at it. After her investigation, the hallway unit is kicking on, but the compressor outside is NOT. So, she called Kyle's Uncle Peter to come over and take a look. He is certified in fixing this type of thing. So, bless him for coming over immediately. Poor guy.....he worked for about a hour and a half out in the hot, humid temperature. He did come to conclusion it is the compressor. So, we had to call the people that installed this unit 5 years ago. Good news is, we have a 5 year warranty on the compressor that only last for 4 more months. So, if the stupid thing is going to go out, now is the time I guess. Bad news is, we will still owe them money for their labor and stuff. And, even worse news is.....the compressor won't be in for TWO WEEKS.......yes, you read that right........TWO WEEKS. So, for the next two weeks we will be getting out of the house as much as possible, the boys will be running around in nothing but their diaper/underwear, and we will be blasting the heck out of some fans.

But, I do want to give a HUGE THANK YOU to Peter and Susie for both doing what they could as quickly as they could. I really appreciate it. In the meantime, I will be dreaming about everything COLD...........

snow cones, swimming pools, ice cubes, January mornings, Popsicles, frozen food, igloos, ice skating rinks, ice cream, AC UNITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 comments: