Saturday, August 8, 2009

You don't appreciate it until it's gone!

In most scenarios this saying refers to relationships. In this scenario it is about a relationship between me and my AIR CONDITIONING! We have had NO A/C since Thursday. It is now Saturday night. And, there is no hope anytime soon. If I don't sweat off at least 5 lbs from this, I am going to be highly disappointed in myself! :) Long story short....Thursday realized the air wasn't working. After having Kyle's uncle look at it for us, he thought the compressor was completely shot. So, Friday the company that installed this unit had to come out and verify that. They said they would be here "sometime" on Friday. 4:00pm they are knocking at the door. It had been a HOT day. They "verified" that the compressor is the problem and go to the truck to order a new one (thank God it is still under warranty.....the warranty was going to run out in 4 more months.) But, the manufacturer doesn't make the freaking R22 anymore. So, they had to "specialty order" it. The work order for it won't even go in until Monday. Then they said it could take anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks from there. So, we have a window unit CRANKING in our room. The boys have temporarily moved in our room with us. And, we are getting out of the house as much as possible. If we make it through this episode, I believe we should try out for "Survivor." Seriously....the boys have been TROOPERS! Gavin is starting to catch a cold though, so I am a little worried about that. But, all in all.....my kids ROCK!

My parents so graciously took our children last night. We were so excited. Kyle and I haven't been to a movie since LANDRY was born (you read that right....Landry.....the 1st born.) So, last night we went and saw The Hangover. FREAKING HILARIOUS! I needed those laughs. Today, we went to a friend of ours birthday party. Miss Kaylee Cormack turned 5....HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAYLEE! Her party was at Peter Piper Pizza in Garland (Firewheel.) Landry had a great time. Here are a few pics......

The birthday girl.....


Playing Some Games


One of the Favorites


CLASSIC.........I LOVE THIS.....EVERY OTHER KID IS HAVING A BLAST, AND LANDRY IS POUTING ABOUT SOMETHING.........TYPICAL


Gavin Enjoyed the Party Too!


After the party we came home and let the boys play outside in the backyard. We pulled the water play mat out for them and let them go to town. They had a lot of fun....and it kept them cooler than being inside the house. Oh- and here is a strange story for you. So, I was walking in the backyard (barefoot.) I stepped on something very sharp and actually stuck into my foot. It hurt! When I pulled it out and started looking at it, I noticed it looked a LOT like a snake fang. Kyle thought the same thing. The only other possible thing I "think" it could be is a cat claw. But I am not sure. All I know is it hurt and it bleed (just a little.) Take a look. I know the picture quality is not great. I couldn't get a clear shot of it. But, it is about the size of a fingernail clipping, but VERY sharp.





That is all for now. Say a little prayer for us that the AC unit comes in earlier in the week rather than later. Meanwhile, enjoy the air you are sitting in at the moment. :)

3 comments:

KRiSTiN said...

Girl, I feel so bad for you. No AC is KILLER! You can bring the boys over here anytime you want!!

sunshyneshanny said...

Oh my, when we lived in the ghetto in Dallas, our AC in our apartment went out and we lived like that for a couple weeks in July...until I finally called for the 5th time and threatened to call anyone who would listen if they didn't get out there and fix it immediately....short story long, we walked around in unmentionables with spray bottles of water...misting ourselves and each other to keep cool...it is an amusing memory, but it wasn't funny at the time!

Stephanie said...

Thanks guys. Ya'll are so sweet!

Kristin- thanks for the offer. I might have to take you up on that. Shannon- too funny about walking aorund in unmentionables. That is exactly what is going on over here. Kyle and I can suffer through it. I just feel so bad for the kids!