Saturday, November 28, 2009

Black Friday and Colorful Christmas Saturday!!!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. The Warner's took it easy and enjoyed having some time off. This past week has been incredibly busy for all of us, so it was great just to sit and do nothing. We had Kyle's parents over on Thursday for lunch. And, instead of doing a HUGE "traditional" lunch, we did little turkey sliders, chips and dips, fruits, veggies, etc. Then we watched the Cowboys dominate. I was in and out of consciousness most of the day. I caught up on some much needed rest. And this is where the adventure of Kyle's Black Friday begins:

***Kyle and I started talking about Black Friday and the kind of deals you can get. Neither one of us have ever gotten up to fight the crowds, so I wasn't sure if it was unheard of type deals, or just good stuff. So- we started researching the ads. I noticed there was a digital camera at Wal-Mart for $70. I have been wanting a new camera for a while now. Our old one is just beat up and worn out. Kyle told me if that is what I wanted for Christmas, he would get up and go get it. I thought to my self there is no way in "you know where" he would go to Wal-Mart at 4:30 am. But sure enough he did. Alarm clock went off and up and at 'em he was. He was very motivated....way to go babe....you rock! After he got in and waited in line to get a camera, he had to wait in the check out line that stretched from the front to the back of the store. He finally made his way to the checkout lady. After several attempts of her ringing in the camera, she couldn't get the bar code to read. Kyle was thinking this was about to be an even longer wait because she would have to call for help. But instead- the brave checker of Wylie Wal-Mart, stuffed that camera in a bag and said Merry Christmas! She GAVE it to Kyle for FREE!!!! She told him it was not his fault it wouldn't ring up and told him to leave. WOW!!!!! It was totally worth it for Kyle to hit up Black Friday. And, all the while....I was warm and cozy in my bed!***

Today we took the boys to Bass Pro Shop. They have a great Santa Wonderland set up. They have games, crafts, and free pictures with Santa. Kyle and I vowed to not spend money on Christmas pictures with Santa anymore. We had a ridiculous experience last year...so we are looking for fun and easy. Bass Pro was PERFECT!!!! The line was only about 20 minutes long (last year we waited 2 hrs.) But all around the line, they had remote control cars, trains, and others set up. It kept the boys interested. Santa was a cute little ole jolly guy. He was very sweet (compared to our Grinch last year.) Gavin went first and was so mad at me for leaving him there on Santa's lap. It was too funny! Kyle thought it was sad how upset he got....secretly I thought it was adorable....he was TOTALLY pouting! ;) You get the pictures for free, plus Santa gives you a candy cane and a coupon for free ice cream at Sonic. It was great! After Santa, Landry went to te craft table and made a Santa "bobber" ornament. Super cute! We then walked around and browsed. The boys loved all the scenery. It was great to be together as a family, having a fun relaxing weekend. Here are the pics with Santa....ENJOY:


0 comments: