Wednesday, November 18, 2009

*Sigh*

It has been a long time Mr. Blogger. I'm sorry I have abandoned you. So much is going on right now. Here is a summary of what we have been up to the past week or so.

1) Gavin is officially 1. I can't even believe that. We had his "cowboy" themed party on Saturday. It was low key, fun, and perfect. Gavin got a long nap in before everyone arrived, so he was in the best of moods. We had several people cancel at the last minute. My Dad, Kyle's Dad, and several friends weren't able to make it due to sickness. I hope they all feel better soon! I am mad at myself for not getting more pictures. I have just been running around like crazy lately....so when the party was finally in full effect, I wanted to sit back and watch my ONE YEAR OLD have fun! Gavin LOVED his cake. He was polite about it at first, then he totally dug in! Here are a few pictures I was able to capture.....


Here are the party favors I was able to put together during the tornado of events last week. I thought they turned out pretty cute. It is a goodie bag full of Trail Mix. I personalized each one with the kid's name......


How old are you Gavin......1


cake time.....


this is pretty good....


happy camper...


Mom and Dad with the birthday boy...


Gavin and his Memaw share a birthday.....so Memaw got a smash cake too.....:)


Thanks to all that attended the party. I really appreciate it and we had a great time!

2) So, that was Saturday. Yesterday was Gavin's real birthday. I had a big day planned. Landry usually goes to Mothers Day Out on Tuesdays, so G-Man and I were going to have a birthday lunch in the park....just him and me. But, the "bug" had a different plan. I went and got a SCREAMING Gavin out of his crib at 5:30 am and what do I find....a 1 year old with 103.3 temperature. Then, I head into the next room (Landry's) and what do I find there......another temp of 102.5. So, no school for Landry, no park and birthday lunch for Gavin, but a doctors visit for both of them....AGAIN!!!!!!! We were there twice last week with Landry. Landry got diagnosed with tonsillitis and bronchitis last week. He has been on antibiotics for 8 days, and he still not better. There is something wrong here. Results came back and both had a SEVERE viral infection, Gavin's being on the thin line of the flu (so the Doc said.) Spectacular.....both of my kids are sick and whining. I hate when they feel bad. You feel so helpless and don't know what to do. Poor little Gavin felt sooooo bad. I could just tell. I got him home around 9:30, and decided to give him a cool/luke warm bath to help out his fever. He LITERALLY feel asleep sitting straight up in the tub. Poor baby! He slept most of the day. Landry took a 4 hour nap. I have decided we are on lock down for the next couple days. These kids need to get better. On top of it all....Kyle came home from work and felt like CRAP!!! He had a rough night and still didn't feel good this morning. He is headed to the Doc. Cross my fingers and knock on wood....but I am feeling pretty dang good for all this to be going on around me!

3) As some of you know, my Dad had a horrible case of pneumonia last week. Thank you to all your prayers and thoughts. He is doing better. He is back at work now. I still get nervous about him and hope that he takes it easy. That is a hard sickness to recover from. Dad....if you are reading this....TAKE IT EASY!!!!! Love you!

4) Work.....it is just crazy right now. We have a lot going on up there. I have another cheer competition coming up in December. So, we have been working hard at practice getting ready for that. Long nights at the gym = me getting home around 10/10:30 completely exhausted and unable to move (literally....my body aches all the time.)

5) Pampered Prego.....I have been working on getting a real website together for my new company. I never imagined it would take so long. I purchased my domain name and a hosting site. Considering I am so "challenged" at this type of stuff....at the rate I am going....I will have a website to share with you all next year! ;)

6) Christmas.....it is almost here! I am so glad my boys are still young and don't know the difference between a BRAND new toy or not. I have done a lot of my shopping at re-sale shops and garage sales. Just clean it up a little and it looks brand new. I am going to do this while I can. When they get older I won't be able to pull this trick off.

7) GNO (girls night out)......is coming up on Saturday. I am so excited. Thanksgiving feast at my house. There is no meal I like better than Thanksgiving dinner. About 15 people are coming (so far.) We will enjoy some good times, good food, good laughs, and good wine! Anybody else that wants to join us....the door is wide open....bring it!

***I think that just about sums it up. It has been a crazy month and I know it will stay this way all through the holidays. Gotta love it! Have a blessed day everyone!

1 comments:

KRiSTiN said...

Girl, I am all about "new to me" stuff, too. We should shop together! I know a couple of places and I'm sure you do, too!

:)