Last week I found out my Dad wasn't feeling that well. He kind of had the same symptoms as Landry.....cough, fever, aches, etc. He went to the doctor Friday and they took the same test they did on Landry.....swine flu, blood work, x-rays, etc. Everything was negative for him on Friday. They told him they thought he just had a viral infection and that he would beat it (sounds familiar.) They told him to take Motrin, NyQuil, and DayQuil. So- he did just that.
Mom called me on Sunday to let me know that Dad wasn't feeling much better....in fact he felt worse. Gavin got dedicated at the church on Sunday, so Mom and Dad were planning on coming up there to support us. But, with Dad not feeling his best, he decided to stay home and rest to try to kick whatever it is that was attacking him. My Mom came to the dedication (thanks again Mom...I appreciate your support more than you know.) I told Mom I would call her today to check on Dad.
I called this morning after I took Landry to the doc (see post below.) Mom said he was still not feeling well....in fact was a little worse (again.) So, she took him back in to see the doctor again this morning as well. They re-ran all the same test. They did another chest x-ray. This time the x-ray didn't come back clear....he has a large spot on his right lung indicating that he has bacterial pneumonia. They gave him a very strong antibiotic shot and sent him home with a prescription for more oral antibiotics over the next 7 days. He HAS TO rest because we all know how serious pneumonia can be. It is not something to mess around with.
I know he will not like the fact that I am telling people about how sick he is. But here is my thing.......I BELIEVE IN THE POWER OF PRAYER!!!!! And, he REALLY needs your prayers right now. Please left him up and pray for a quick and easy recovery.
Our great friend Tyler shared this verse with me today (THANKS Tyler):
"And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up."
~James 5:15
Daddy- take your medicine and rest. Don't over do ANYTHING!!!! Nothing is more important right now than your recovery. Please let me know what I can do! I love you!!!!!!
~THANKS EVERYONE!~
Monday, November 9, 2009
Update on Dad.....
Posted by Stephanie Stephanie at 1:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment