Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Festivities!

Everything I could imagine and picture happening this weekend did....it was an absolute fantastic time!

***Before I go any further***
I would like to let my friend Kristin and her family know we are thinking and praying for you guys. Kristin's little guy Carter has not been feeling well, and from what it sounds like, he didn't have a Happy Halloween. I feel for them because Gavin has been through it, and it is no walk in the park! Hang in there little guy. You too Mom.....he will be just fine. Just give him some extra loving! :)

I was so excited to have Halloween this year. Landry is finally at the age of understanding Trick-or-Treat and how it works. I don't know who was more excited...him or me! We did so many fun Halloween activities this year. Both the boys were firemen (thanks Mom and Dad) and were adorable (of course I would say that- I am their Mom.) :) Last Friday, we had a Fall Festival up at my work. It was decked out with all kinds of fun stuff.....bounce house, cake walk, bobbing for apples, pony rides, hamburgers/hot dogs, face painting, music, and costume contests. It was a good time. Kyle brought the boys up there towards the end. Landry had so much fun in the bounce house. I thought he would get trampled by the big kids, but he held his own. I think everyone that attended had fun. One of our newest coaches made all the cakes to put in the cake walk (well- not all of them...but I guarantee you hers were chosen first.) Here is why:


Great Job Amanda! They were a big hit!!!!!!



This Friday night we took the kids to Boo on Ballard. It was so much fun! Boo on Ballard is basically a big trick-or-treat festival in downtown Wylie on the square. All the businesses close down and come outside to pass out candy. There is music, bounce houses, games, food, and CANDY galore. Also- the boys got to climb into a fire truck and play around. It was crowded but still a great time. My parents came over before we left and brought over a Jack-O-Lantern pizza. Check it out:


We live less than a mile from the square, so we decided to just walk up there. It was a great family trip in beautiful weather (although it did get chilly on the way home after the sun had gone down.) Thanks to my Mom I have a few pics. My camera ran out of battery right after we left the house. But, here are some pictures we managed to get that night.

My firefighters.....


hanging out on the truck....


happy halloween.....


Saturday couldn't have been more beautiful! I woke up and had a garage sale. I dicovered it was so beautiful outside, I might as well make some money while being out and enjoying the weather. The boys played in the backyard most of the morning. When afternoon rolled around, Gavin and I went shopping. We had to get some things for the 1 year old birthday we are about to have. I had fun running around town with just Gavin. When you have both it is so hard and a task you want to finish quickly. But, Gavin and I took our time and got everything we needed. We also went and bought Landry a Christmas present. I found the CUTEST Stephen Joseph rain boots and matching umbrella. He is going to love it. They have different sports balls on them. I will try to post a picture at another time. Sorry.....getting off track! G-Man and I got back home and took a nap. See.....my day was rocking. Then- around 6:00 we got the boys all dressed up and out the door we went. Trick-or-treat time. Once again....I don't know who was more excited! This is such the perfect age....they participate and do all the work.....we reap the benefits. Well- I call it benefits....my hips call it punishment! Our street was kind of boring, but one street over was hopping. We turned the corner and there was about 6-8 houses in a row that had decorations out the wahzoo......all the neighbors were out in their front yards talking and mingling. It was just that "small town" feel that I love about Wylie. Landry was awesome. He was so polite. Sometimes they would even open the door and instead of saying "trick-or-treat" he would just stick up his bucket and say "THANK YOU!" haha! He was also playing the role of GREAT big brother. After he received a piece of candy he would comment with, "Gavin needs some too." We stopped it because we didn't want him to seem rude. We just loved that he was watching out for baby bro. Gavin actually walked up to about 4 houses, but after that he was beat. He decided strolling was the way to go. I mean......why walk when you can have somebody push you, right? It was a perfect Halloween and exactly what I was hoping for it to be:


don't even think about taking my sucker....


sorry it is so blurry...they were moving so fast I couldn't get a good picture...







all the stash....I bet you didn't notice "IT" either.......

and by "IT" I mean the thermometer in the middle of the candy. I thought it was so ironic and hilarious that when we got home the boys started playing with their toys. The next thing I know....one of them has placed the thermometer in the middle of the candy pile. Were they trying to warn me?????


Although the boys didn't get the memo about the time change and woke us up this morning at 6:00am (and I have to give it to Kyle today....he actually got up with me and helped me out. Thanks baby...I love you) our Sunday was super. We had a great church service. Our pastor is speaking about The End of the World. It is very interesting. If anyone is curious about checking it out.....come along! Then, we had some friends from high school come over. Drew and Christy Wight. We reconnected with them at the reunion a couple weeks back. But, this time we wanted our kids to meet. They have the most precious little girl named Velvet. So, they brought her over to play with the boys today and watch some football. We grilled some fajitas and caught up. It was a great time. Thanks for coming over you guys....we enjoyed it! :)

So- that about sums it up for our weekend. This next weekend will kick off my cheerleading competition season. We have our first competition in none other than the Dallas Cowboys Stadium next Saturday. I am STOKED!!!! I get to see my girls compete and check out the stadium all at once. More on that to come I am sure!

I am also excited to start focusing on the holidays now. The trio of Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years makes me smile! My brother and his family will be coming to visit for a while. I can't wait for that. We miss them and are excited to hear some Switzerland stories.

Have a great week everyone!

0 comments: