Thursday, October 29, 2009

Zzzzzzzzzz......

It is funny how one night of restless boys puts me in a grumpy mood. Landry and Gavin are both really good sleepers. Sure, they may not always "sleep in" like I would like for them too, but for the most part they sleep well. Gavin goes to bed at 7:30 and usually always wakes up around 7:00. Landry goes to bed around 8:30(but lately has been pulling every trick out of his hat to stay up....ie....bathroom, thirsty, needs something, etc.) He has been waking up at 8 or so the next day. So, I can't complain. I OFTEN think of my friends who have JUST had babies. Kari, Elisabeth, Stephanie M, etc.....my heart goes out to you. I know you are probably up more at night than an owl ;) but hang in there....I PROMISE it does get better. Ok...on with my story....so last night was a really weird night in the Warner house. It took Landry FOREVER to fall asleep....and when I say FOREVER I mean he didn't fall asleep until 11:00. So, I was thinking...SWEET....he will sleep a long time tomorrow. NOPE....I was wrong! At 3:30am he came into our room and told me he wanted to get in bed with us. We don't like to do this because if we do it once, he will remember and expect it always (he is THAT kid.) So, instead I went back in his room with him and laid on the floor until he fell asleep. That was real comfortable *sarcasm*. His little eyes finally shut again at 4:30am. Oh my gosh....so now I am cranky and tired. I head back to my room and expect to get some good zzzz's at this point. But, Gavin had a different plan for his dear old Mom. I hear his little voice crying (ok....not little....I hear a WAIL coming form Gavin's room.) I checked out the clock thinking that was the fastest time has flown in a while (I thought he was waking up at his normal 7:00.) To my surprise it was 5:00am. I got 30 minutes of sleep from the one kid being up to the next. *SIGH*!!!! The life of a Mommy (and I say Mommy...not parents....because Kyle is immune to the kids being up at night.) I don't think he has EVER heard them in the wee hours of the morning. Not even when they were teeny tiny and sleeping in our room. Must be nice!

So, after that long explanation of why I am so tired....I am going to fill my coffee pot up for the 3rd time this morning *yikes*! Once again, if you have a newborn, I know I shouldn't be griping. But do know.....I have been there and it does get better. But even though for the MOST part you start to get more sleep the older they get, you still have nights like last night that make you wake up on the wrong side of the bed! I LOVE being a parent! :) (j/k I really do!)

0 comments: